Can I receive a medical certificate if deemed unfit for work?

After your telephone conversation with the doctor and if your medical situation justifies a sick leave certificate, a short-term certificate can be provided on an exceptional basis.  If you believe that you need the leave to be extended, you will have to go to your usual general practitioner. In order to avoid any abuse, in principle our doctors are not allowed to issue more than one certificate of incapacity for work per year.